Funds and Collections
А. ARCHIVE FUNDS OF STATE BODIES, INSTITUTIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, ORGANIZATIONS AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS
1. ADMINISTRATION AND PUBLIC SERVICES
- 1.2. Archival funds until 1918.
- 1.3. Archive funds 1918-1941.
- 1.4. Archive funds 1941-1944.
- 1.4.1. National Liberation Authorities
- 1.4.2. Occupying and quisling organs
- 1.5. Archival funds after 1944.
- 1.6. Local Government
Within these periods, the funds are listed in the order of their territorial and actual competencies (from higher to lower). The archival funds of the same rank are listed in alphabetical order at the place of the seat of the fund educator.
- 2.1. Period until 1944
- 2.2. Period after 1944
Inside these periods, their order is determined by rank, and within an equal rank - in alphabetical order of the names of the place-headquarters of the fundraiser.
3. MILITARY UNITS, INSTITUTIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- 3.1. Period until 1944
- 3.2. Period after 1944
- 3.2.1. People's Liberation Units, Institutions and Organizations
- 3.2.2. Occupying units, institutions and organizations.
Within the periods / and subgroups / the order is determined by rank, ie according to the organizational structure of the army.
4. EDUCATIONAL, CULTURAL AND SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTIONS ORGANIZATIONS
- 4.1. Educational institutions and organizations
- 4.2. Cultural institutions and organizations
- 4.3. Scientific institutions and organizations
Within the subgroups, the order of the archive funds is determined according to the types of institutions and the rank, and within the rank - in alphabetical order of the names of the place-seats of the fund educators.
5. SOCIAL AND HEALTH INSTITUTIONS
- 5.1. Social institutions
- 5.2. Health facilities
Within the subgroups, the order and archive funds is determined according to the types of institutions and the rank, and within the same rank - in alphabetical order of the names of the place-headquarters of the fund educators.
6. ECONOMY AND BANKING
- 6.1. Period until 1944
- 6.1.1. Banks and money institutions
- 6.1.2. Business associations
- 6.1.3. Commercial enterprises
- 126.96.36.199. Industry and mining
- 188.8.131.52. Agriculture and forestry
- 184.108.40.206. Trade, hospitality and tourism
- 220.127.116.11. Traffic
- 18.104.22.168. Other
- 6.1.4. Crafts
- 6.1.5. Cooperatives
- 6.1.6. Other
- 6.2. Period after 1944
- 6.2.1. Banks and money institutions
- 6.2.2. Business associations
- 6.2.3. Commercial enterprises
- 22.214.171.124. Industry and mining
- 126.96.36.199. Agriculture and forestry
- 188.8.131.52. Trade, hospitality and tourism
- 184.108.40.206. Traffic
- 220.127.116.11. Other
- 6.2.4. Crafts
- 6.2.5. Cooperatives
- 6.2.6. Other
Within the groups and subgroups, the order of the archive funds is determined in alphabetical order of the names of the seats of the fund educators.
7. SOCIAL-POLITICAL ORGANIZATIONS POLITICAL PARTIES, COMPANIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- 7.1. Political and socio-political organizations
- 7.1.1. Advanced political and socio-political organizations
- 7.1.2. Civil and others
- 7.2. Class corporations
- 7.3. Humanitarian societies
- 7.4. Cultural and educational societies
- 7.5. Art societies and associations
- 7.6. Sports clubs and associations
- 7.7. Other
- 7.8. NGOs
The order of the archive funds within the subgroups is determined by types and rank, and then in alphabetical order of the names of the place-seats of the fund educators.
8. RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS
- 8.1. Eastern Orthodox Church
- 8.1.1. Greek church in Macedonia
- 8.1.2. Bulgarian Exarchate in Macedonia
- 8.1.3. Serbian Orthodox Church in Macedonia
- 8.1.4. Macedonian Orthodox Church
- 8.2. Islamic religious community in Macedonia
- 8.3. Evangelical Methodist Church.
Within the subgroups, the order of the archive funds is determined according to the rank, and within the same rank - in alphabetical order of the names of the place-seats of the fund educators.
B. FAMILY AND PERSONAL FUNDS
- 1. Family funds
- 2. Personal funds
The archive funds are listed in alphabetical order of the surnames of the fund educators of the family and personal funds.
Mr. COPYED ARCHIVE CITIZENS FROM FOREIGN PROVENCE
EXPLANATIONS AND INTERPRETATION OF SIGNS AND ABBREVIATIONS
The guide to archival funds and collections provides basic information about archives and the archival funds held in them.
The data for the archive funds and collections are given for each archive separately.
Before listing the data on archival funds and collections of an archive, a short note is given, which, as a rule, contains basic data on the Archive (name and address, time of establishment and its development, organizational structure, territorial and real jurisdiction, possibility to provide of technical services, reading room, working hours, etc.), then for the number of archive funds and collections and for the general characteristic of the archive material, for the media, catalogs, etc.
The data provided for each archive fund consists of seven elements:
- 1. Ordinal number of the archive fund or collection;
- 2. Name of the archive fund or collection;
- 3. Place of seat of the fund educator (fund holder);
- 4. Range of years of existence of the fund educator;
- 5. Spread of the years of the material of the archive fund or collection;
- 6. Quantity of archive material;
- 7. Mediation of the archive fund or collection (information means).
In family and personal funds and collections, some of these elements are not present (under nos. 3 and 4).
The data for all archive funds and collections, content and graphics are formed according to unique rules.
1. Ordinal number of the archive fund or collection
All archive funds and collections, within one archive, are numbered with a continuous sequence of Arabic numerals, starting from number 1.
Together with the Arabic numeral denoting the State Archives of the Republic of Macedonia - Department (numbers 1 to 10) or, and the ordinal number of the archive fund and collection, it is used in the indexes as a signal for finding the required archive fund or collection in the Guide for example 2.135 = (2. Historical archive Bitola, archive fund under no. 135) or 2.616 (2. Archive of Macedonia, Regional Office - Bitola, archive fund under number 616) etc.
2. Name of an archive fund or collection
For the name of an archival fund, the last name of the fund educator (holder) is taken. In case the archive fund is known by a former name, that name is also given.
The names of the archive funds, regardless of whether the original name was in another language, are given in Macedonian in capital letters:
- MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION - RADOVIS
To shorten the text when listing similar funds, they are listed under a common name, in italics, (RURAL WORK COMPANIES). Under the common name is listed only that part of the name of the archive fund that is not covered by the common name, as well as the place - the seat of the fund educator. Each fund is listed in a new order:
- RURAL WORK COMPANIES
- "STOJAN MINCEV" - ALINCI
- "LAZAR KOLISHEVSKI" - BELCHE
- "GJORGJI SUGAREV" - VASHAREJCA…
3. Place - seat of the fund educator
The seat of the fund educator, regardless of the former names, is stated in the current name, in Macedonian. The name of the place is written in capital letters, and it is separated from the name of the archive fund with a hyphen:
- MUNICIPAL PEOPLE'S BOARD - VINICA
4. Range of years of existence of the fund educator
The range of years of existence of the fund educator is stated in brackets, by name and place - the seat of the fund educator:
- NATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE MUNICIPALITY - BUKOVO (1952-1955)
If the fundraiser still exists and operates the final year of its existence is not displayed:
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF MACEDONIA - SKOPJE (1962 -)
In case the years of existence are not established with certainty, a questionnaire (? - 1957) or (1947 -?) Is put in place of the year.
After the span of the fund educator's years of existence, a punctuation mark and a comma were placed.
5. Range of years of the archive material of the fund or collection
The data for the span of the years of the archive material of the archive fund or collection is stated after the data for the span of the years of the fund educator:
- NATIONAL BOARD OF BITOLA DISTRICT-BITOLA (1944-1965); 1944-1965;
The incomplete preservation of archive material is expressed as follows:
- When the initial or final years of the material of the archive fund are missing:
- FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION - PRILEP (1869-1912); 1882-1910
- When certain years are missing within the age range:
- RURAL WORKING ASSOCIATION - DIMONCE (1949-1953; 1949, 1951/1953
- When the archive material of the fund is not fully preserved:
- STATE COURT - TETOVO (1941-1944); 1942/1944;
For family and personal archive funds, only the age range of the material is stated.
- VLACHOV DIMITAR 1908-1950;
In the archival collections in the span of the years of the material, the period when the material was created or the period to which it refers is stated, and not the period when the collection was formed:
- FERMANI COLLECTION: 1646-1859;
After the data on the span of the border years of the material of the archive fund or collection, a punctuation mark "two points" is placed.
6. Quantity of archive material
The data on the amount of archive material are given after the data on the range of years of the material of the archive fund or collection. Quantity is expressed by the number of books, boxes, folders and packages:
- kn. - book
- кут. - box
Between the data on the number of individual technical protection units, a punctuation mark "comma" is placed, and at the end "dot and comma".
- DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION - GALICHNIK (1915-1918); 1915-1918: kn. 3, corner. 6;
Below the data on the number of technical protection units, there is also the data on the amount of timber, expressed in length meters. This data is followed by a punctuation mark "dot":
- MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION-TRESONЧE (1915-1918); 1915/1918: kn. 3, corner. 1; 0.2.
The data on the amount of material in the archive collections are given in such units of measures, which correspond to the specific types of material in the collections:
- COLLECTION OF GEOGRAPHICAL MAPS, 1023 maps
7. Mediation of an archive fund or collection (information media)
In case when the archive fund or collection is in a messy condition and can not be used for scientific and other purposes, the statement "messy", ie "messy" is stated:
- MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION - Skopje (1869-1912); 1869-1912; kn. 59, box. 43; 6.1. Immediate.
However, if the material of the archive fund or collection is to some extent arranged and can be used, data on the arranged parts of the funds - collections are stated.
For arranged and processed archival funds and collections, for which the State Archives of the Republic of Macedonia have prepared scientific information and tools (and records that can serve as a source of information about the material), data on those funds are provided. The data consists of the name of the scientific-information tool. The most common evidential and scientific-informative means, instead of their full names, are shown with the following abbreviations:
- SI - summary inventory
- AI - analytical inventory
- a.e. - archive units
- NIS - scientific-informative tool expressed in number of typed pages
The content information that will be displayed for the funds, in addition to the above-mentioned abbreviations, will refer to historical notes, registers, lists, information, analysis, reviews, etc. on various topics.
If several types of media have been prepared for an archival fund, a punctuation mark "dot and comma" is placed between them:
- MINISTRY OF TRADE AND SUPPLY - SKOPJE - (1945-1951); 1945-1951: kn. 90, corner. 161, 17.9, SI; Р.
- KOSTUR REVOLUTIONARY REGION - KOSTUR (- 1908); 1900/1903: box. 1; 0.1. AI.
The data on the arrangement of the fund and the scientific-information means are joined after the data on the quantity of the archive material.
8. Structure of the Guide to archival funds and collections
The guide to the archive funds and collections of the State Archives of the Republic of Macedonia has four parts:
- А. archive funds / except family and personal /
- B. family and personal funds and
- В. collections
- Mr. xerocopied archival material researched abroad
Archive funds and collections are grouped according to branch of activity, groups and subgroups and periods, in accordance with the "Classification Scheme", which serves as a basis for the distribution of archive funds.
The "classification scheme" is of structural-hierarchical type, using a decimal system. Consists of:
- a) name of the branch of activity, group and subgroup in the branches and the period;
- b) letters with letters and numbers (symbols) with which these names are continuously represented.