The State Archives - Prilep’s Department, during the ongoing operation of the newly taken over fund "Property and Legal Affairs Administration - Prilep", found a copy of a map from the Ottoman period, dating from 28.09.1883.
The founded map has a great importance and confirms the historical places and cultural landmarks that history speaks of. The map shows the property of a farm in the village Krstec of 109 decares owned by Husrev bey - pasha with 2 mills and An, which is given as a gift by residents of the village Krstec legally with the participation of the village council. The names of the members of the village council are written in four stamps: Stojan, Angele, Damjan (Damjan is the name of the President of the village - Mukhtar), Riste, Mira, Naumce, Kole, Petko, Dime and Achko.
The map also shows two roads leading from Prilep to Veles. One way was marked Prilep through the village Krstec towards Veles and the other road Prilep through the village Prisad and the Dervenian passage with marked tower.
On the mountainous part, the places Baltalak and Konor, the monasteries Treskavec and the Prisad Monastery, the Derven Towers and the place by mills are marked. The most important entry on the map is a delineated road that connects Prilep with Via Egnatia and north to Kumanovo. This document is of great historical significance, part of our historical past. Gratitude to Mustafa Alioski for the translation of the text which is employed in the State Archives, in the Department for arranging and processing of archival materials - Ottoman period.
More information in the Info Compass article..